Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market, 2021 – 2028
The Drone logistics and transportation industry is growing at a stellar pace backed by rapid technology-to-market transitions and businesses shifting their allegiance to automation. Today, enterprises are emphasizing on smoothing the complex supply chain processes to improve productivity, reduce warehouse and distribution centres costs resulting in better inventory and warehouse management system.
In such scenario, integration of seamless automation processes adopted in manufacturing and retail industry is further creating waves for the drone technology for transportation and logistics. Further, Amid the growth in e-commerce and the push to reduce delivery costs is creating a strong value proposition for the drone market. For instance, in January 2021, Coca-Cola and Walmart and drone-services provider DroneUp came together to distribute its new soda with coffee by air.
Moreover, major manufacturers operating in this market are proactively engaged in introducing technological advanced drones to sustain in the global market. For instance, in June 2021, KORE showcases the innovative enablement of IoT connectivity for Australian drone-powered logistics company Swoop Aero to transport COVID-19 vaccines into isolated areas of the world.
Similarly, in March 2019, United Parcel Service Inc. collaborated with Matternet, an autonomous drone technology company to start new logistics service delivering medical samples via unmanned drones. Owing to the abovementioned factors, the market of drone logistics and transportation is likely to scale up in the coming years.
Furthermore, the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic is complimenting to the drones market owing to various governmental and regulatory norms enforcing the usage of unmanned aerial vehicles to transport COVID-19 vaccines into isolated areas, promote zero operational emission and improve productivity. For instance, in August 2021, In United States, UPS Flight Forward utilized drone technology to deliver COVID-19 vaccine to one of the health system with the approval of US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Owing to the abovementioned factor, the market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years.
|Key Market Driver– |
• Introduction of advanced technologies embedded in drones is a dominating factor fueling product demand.
• Rising logistics and E-commerce industry is a predominant factor responsible for driving the market.
Key Market Restraint –
• High cost of investment involved at initial stage is hindering market growth.
Segmentation of the Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market, 2021 – 2028
|By Solution|| • Warehousing|
|By Application|| • Military |
|By Drone|| • Freight Drones|
• Passenger Drones
• Ambulance Drones
|By Region|| • North America (United States, Canada and Mexico)|
• Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, France, Russia, Benelux, Nordics, Rest of Europe)
• Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, ASEAN, Oceania, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
• Middle East & Africa (Turkey, GCC, North Africa, South Africa, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
• South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
Competitive Landscape and Drone Logistics and Transportation Market Share Analysis:
Drone logistics and transportation market competitive landscape would provide in-depth analysis of the major suppliers/manufacturers having a strong presence globally. The information covered under this section would mainly comprise of company overview, detail product mapping, market potential, revenue and geographical as well as business segment analysis, recent strategic developments and companies growth projections, application dominance and others.
The major players covered in the drone logistics and transportationmarket includes PINC Solutions, Hardis Group, Infinium Robotics, Matternet, CANA Advisors, Drone Delivery Canada, DroneScan, Workhorse Group, Wing (Alphabet), Flytrexand others.
North America holds the dominant position in the market owing topresence of major manufacturers and start ups companies operating in this region, strong governmental and regulatory support to promote drones technology to deliver packages, high research and development investment funding and others.
Following North America, Asia Pacific and Europe are likely to showcase upsurge in this market majorly due to rising e-commerce industry, involvement of Chinese manufacturers providing drones at low cost, rising interest of countries like India, South Korea, Australia to utilize this technology across various applications and others.
South America and Middle East and Africa are projected to grow at a moderate rate with the rising governmental policies to promote advanced transportation solutions, rising infrastructure development, focus of major drone manufacturers to expand its businesses across emerging economies and others.
| Key Industry Developments |
• September, 2021: – Matternet in collaboration with The Abu Dhabi Department of Health (DoH) and logistics company Skygo uneviled world’s first city-wide drone delivery network. The drone would be utilized for transporting medical goods in Abu Dhabi further increasing the connectivity of the Emirate’s health ecosystem.
• July, 2021: – DHL signed a partnership agreement with Dronamics to combine “middle-mile” cargo droneswith DHL’s first- and last-mile services. This developed solution would enable same day cargo drone deliveries to the customers.